Always Better Together is an asymmetrical triangular shawl knit sideways from one tip to the opposite edge. Trendy and stylish, it is a joy to knit and easy to style and wear! Designed by Brenda Brayfield, featuring Rowan Summerlite DK yarn, this is a perfect, airy, drapey summer knit. With an eye-catching interplay of slipstitch colourwork and simple lace, it's one of those projects you won't want to put down.
Finished Measurements: Wingspan – 82”/208cm; Centre Depth – 28”/71cm.
Our sample is made up in Summerlite DK: Pink Powder 472 and Mocha 451. For Summer 2022, we've teamed up bolder, newer colours to make 5 fresh combos for you to choose from.
- 8 balls of Rowan Summerlite DK - 4 balls each of two coordinated but contrasting colours Main Colour (MC) – 470 m / 514 yds and Contrast Colour (CC) – 420 m / 460 yds DK
- Video Tutorial Support for shawl components (see below)
You will also need:
- Always Better Together pattern is available as a PDF (digital) download. Note - there are 23 pages. Pages 1 – 17 are the complete pattern. Pages 17 – 23 are bonus pages. Please preview and print just what you need.
- Needle: 4.00mm/US 6 or size required to get gauge.
- Gauge: 21sts/29 rows = 4”/10cm in Stockinette Stitch after blocking
About Rowan Summerlite DK: made of the finest Giza cotton, Summerlite DK works up with a beautiful soft, matte finish.
Ball Weight: 50g / 1.75 oz
Ball Length: 130 m / 142 yds
Knitting Gauge: 22sts = 10cm / 4"
Needle Size: 3.75mm (US 5)
Yarn Fibre: 100% cotton
Care Instructions: Machine wash cool, lay flat to dry.
RCY Video (Tutorial) Support: we originally knit this beautiful shawl as a Mystery Knit-A-Long (KAL). Each section was presented as a "Clue". Want some tips as you work this project? Here is a list of our tutorials for you:
Clue 2 - placing stitch markers: https://youtu.be/1g6e0kBtil4
Clue 2 - working yo's and double decreases: https://youtu.be/AK8Ru7YvsnY
Clue 2 - mistakes involving yarn overs: https://youtu.be/SVkSN_93b5o
Clue 3 - tips and techniques: https://youtu.be/AOifFrYbr-A
Clue 4 - working a lace pattern in 4 combinations: https://youtu.be/LIBmnvvhHgo
Clue 5 - slip stitches and two row stripes: https://youtu.be/FprjqdDMQNg
Note about yarns from our website: Photographs aren't perfect; they don't capture the texture and feel of the yarn. Colours viewed on different monitors may have shade and tone differences from the actual product. If you would like assistance with selecting a colour or an opinion/advice on finding a good yarn for your project, please feel free to give us a call.