We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Olga Buraya-Kefelian right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
How does she do it?
Truly, friends, Olga Buraya-Kefelian is a talented designer. She has become well known for creating knitted designs that have 3 dimensions. By using stitch patterns and techniques that create surface texture, Olga's designs are not only functional and stylish, they are head turners.
We invite you to join in on a two hour class in which Olga will present her approach to incorporating 3D textures in her designs with handknitting techniques. She will explain how she continues to be inspired and you will get an opportunity to cast on and swatch to discover how easy it is to create 3D designs, once you know how! After class you will be motivated to try your hand at the Moko-Moko Cowl or Ginga Cowl (these patterns are available for purchase on Ravelry). Psst! Olga's individual patterns are 20% off for the month of September. Use the coupon code: FALL20 and stock up.
The next session of this 2-hour online class takes place on Wednesday, October 13 starting at 3:30 pm PT, 4:30 pm MT, 5:30 pm CT, 6:30 pm ET, 7:30 pm AT.
You will have an opportunity to learn:
- about several basic principles of dimensional texture used in knitwear
- cast on and bind off techniques for stretchy edgings and its purpose for dimensional knitwear.
- to work partial knitting and short rows and their differences.
- through swatching, a series of techniques and a review of all the possibilities with their customization.
Skill level: you need to know how to knit, purl, cast on and bind off.
- 200-300 yards of smooth textured, worsted weight yarn in light or bright colours for swatching;
- US7 / 4.5mm circular knitting needle, 24" / 60cm in length
- crochet hook (size H / 5.0mm or larger)
- waste yarn
Olga Buraya-Kefelian grew up in Belarus and learned to knit from her seamstress mother at a very young age. It wasn't until her mid-twenties that her knitting developed beyond a hobby and a distraction from the hardships of military life, into a career in knitwear design. She has created her own brand of knitwear patterns “Olgajazzy” that are sold via her website and authored several publications. But you can also see her designs in many publications like Brooklyn Tweed, Amirisu, PomPom, Laine, etc. Currently residing in Alexandria, Virginia she continues work on her brand and numerous collaborations while teaching classes and workshops internationally. Cynthia personally attended this class with Olga at Knit City (virtual) before arranging it for you! Visit Olga's website olgajazzy.com to see more examples of her work and follow her on social media platforms: @olgajazzyknits.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.