COVID-19 updates from River City Yarns
Updated as of March 21, 2020
Our Canadian and Provincial health advisors are urging all of us to stay home and slow the spread of the Corona virus. We feel it’s important to follow that advice.
Starting Saturday, March 21, River City Yarns (our bricks and mortar location) will be closed for in-person shopping.
We value your support of our shop and we rely on your purchases to keep our business going. So, we’re thinking of all the ways we can do our part to keep the virus spread at a minimum and still provide you with the customized service you’ve come to expect. Here’s how we’re planning to do that.
- You can still buy yarn, patterns, needles, notions—anything that we have in the shop! You can do this on our online store or you can call us at 780-477-9276 and make an order over the phone.
- If you need any help at all with your purchase, you can call us at 780-477-9276. We’ll have an onsite expert here, answering the phone, Wednesday–Saturday between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm. You can also send an email us at to email@example.com anytime.
- Our onsite expert can help you: find a pattern, pick a great yarn for your project, help you navigate our online store, answer technical questions and make referrals to other online resources (such as our YouTube Channel).
- On our online store, we are offering free and reduced shipping rates. Canada Post is still doing a great job of picking up and delivering our outgoing packages, so take advantage of the service while you can!
- If you would like to pick up your online order, you can call us at 780-477-9276 and book a time to come in. We’ll be here for local pick ups from Wednesday–Saturday between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm. Park in front of our shop and we’ll provide curbside delivery, bringing your package right to your car.
- If you have a yarn emergency, call us at 780-477-9276 and we’ll set up an appointment to meet you at the store. This will enable us to help you if you drop a stitch or two, need to see a yarn before you purchase it or need to exchange something.
We don’t know how long we’ll need to remain closed to in-person shopping. We’re navigating this new retail paradigm day-by-day. We want to do it with you; we miss all of our close connections and updates on projects so please call or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have suggestions, questions or concerns about shopping, workshops, delivery options, feeling isolated, etc.
Barb and Cynthia are working on several ideas and with other folks to keep our community connected. We’ll be adding more videos to our YouTube channel to help you with your projects. We’ll do some live videos too, through YouTube and/or Instagram so that you can participate in real time. One of our more technical customers is taking our weekly knit night online, so we’ll make sure you know about that, too! And, if you call the shop and get our voice mail, please leave a message. We’ll call you back as soon as we can.
Thank you so much for your support and friendship. We know that these are challenging times for everyone and we want you to know that we are still here, working from our "second home" to keep you connected and comforted (who doesn't need a project right now?). We'll get through this together!
Barb, Cynthia and as always, our wonderful team of people at River City Yarns