Learn from a Pro (no homework involved)
Every Saturday, we're hosting one fav designer on Zoom for a 60-minute seminar on a topic of interest. Our guest will have the floor for 30 - 45 minutes to talk about the topic and we'll spend the rest of the time in discussion format. The best part of all is that you don't have to leave your home and there's no homework! Our guest will share swatches, designs, photos, and demos with you as well as answer your questions about projects and techniques.
Join us for the Atenti Virtual Trunk Show event on Saturday, May 15. Join mother and daughter designers, Andrea and Nina, on a journey to discover their irresistible collections of handbags and accessories. Barb and Cynthia are pleased to be hosting this Virtual Trunk Show event where you can pick the bag style and size, and choose fabric that speaks to who you are!
Holli Yeoh: Mosaic Knitting. Saturday, May 22 at 11:00 am MDT. (Details coming soon!)
Ann Budd: Three Types of Provisional Cast-Ons. Saturday, June 26 at 11:00 am MDT. A provisional cast-on (typically worked with waste yarn) forms a secure base that can be removed to expose live stitches that can be worked later in the opposite direction. It is a good choice when you’re unsure of how you want to finish the edge of a project—you can come back later and work the edging after the body is complete. This type of cast-on also allows two sides of a piece, such as a scarf, to be worked from the center out, so that the stitches on both ends face in the same direction. In this one-hour online workshop, Ann Budd will demonstrate three (four if there’s time) of her favorite methods for casting on stitches that will later be worked in the opposite direction.
Kate Atherley: The Good, The Bad & The Pooling. Saturday, August 7 at 11:00 am MDT. (Details coming soon!)
Read these tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- A Zoom calendar invitation and an email reminder with the meeting information will be sent to you the day before the seminar.
- Can't find your login info? Cynthia sends two emails (a google calendar invite and an email that contains "Saturday Seminar" and the name of the guest in the subject line). Please check your spam folder for the email if it's not in your inbox.
- As this is an online seminar, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built-in or attached.
- The seminar will be recorded for internal review after the event.
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to an RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If our guest is unable to attend or our minimum enrolment is not met and we have to cancel/postpone, a full refund of your registration fee will be offered.
- Transfer? You may transfer your registration for this seminar to another participant by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Any transfers must occur 24 hours before the seminar is scheduled. Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.