This gradient dye kit is so much fun! Learn how to make your own gradient dyed yarn using food-safe dye and equipment found in your kitchen. When you've finished your dyeing, you can turn your yarn into a cute "Elf hat" using the pattern we've included for you. The pattern provides instructions for four sizes: Toddler, Child, Youth and Adult (head circumference from 16" - 22").
Our kit includes:
- one 100g ball of RCY Epic (100% virgin wool; 200 m/100 g)
- one pot of Wilton Icing Colours (14.1g/0.5oz)**
- instructions for making your gradient dyed yarn
- a copy of our "Elf Hat" pattern (a perfect project for your new yarn!)
Other items you’ll need:
- microwave safe container (approximately 4 cup capacity)
- (for knitting the hat): 4.5mm double pointed needles and one 16" circular and 3 stitch markers
**Please note: Each of our kits contain one colour of Wilton food colour dye pot/bottle to practice with. We are not able to offer colour choices but we can tell you that we purchased these food safe dyes at Michaels, if you want more. Note - colours are concentrated - a little goes a long way and you can dye many balls of yarn with one pot/bottle of dye. Need more Epic for dyeing? Click here.
Have fun making your own yarn and this super cute hat.