We can all use a bright pop of happy colour play to get us through the seemingly never ending harshness of winter. And when winter winds blow, nothing warms better than a colourful, warm and super soft bulky wool hat!
We've been stashing some super colourful pom poms just for this time of year and teamed them up with some of the new brights from Rowan Big Wool (100% Merino Bulky yarn). One ball will make a nice ribbed beanie or do as we do and make our Chicago Bucket Hat—a free pattern on our website. A super easy project to make in an evening!
Our Rowan kit includes:
- One ball of Rowan Big Wool (100 g / 3.53 oz, 80 m / 87 yds) 100% merino
- 1 colourful Faux Fur pom pom to attach to your project
Our Drops Andes kit includes:
- One ball of Drops Andes (100 g / 3.5 oz, 100 m / 109 yds) 65% wool, 35% alpaca in either black, grey or light blue
- 1 Faux Fur pom pom to attach to your project in natural shades
Make our Chicago Bucket Hat with one ball of Big Wool or Drops Andes. This flat topped hat pattern, available free on our website, creates a bucket shaped hat that is easy to pop on and off. The band is knit flat, then seamed and the crown is picked up and knit to the centre with decrease rounds. Suitable for beginners and fun for all!
For the Chicago Bucket Hat pattern, you will also need:
- 10mm needles for working the band flat, and for the crown (in the round): 10mm DPNs, 1 long circular (magic loop) or 2 short circulars
- 8 locking stitch markers (1 different to mark BOR)
- 1 wool needle (for seaming) and for attaching your faux fur pom.
Hand wash cool, lay flat to dry.
Note about yarns from our website:
Photographs aren't perfect; they don't capture the texture and feel of the yarn. Colours viewed on different monitors may have shade and tone differences from the actual product. If you would like assistance with selecting a colour or an opinion/advice on finding a good yarn for your project, please feel free to give us a call.