Knit this cozy, deeply cuffed cap for him. Then borrow it back—if you can! It’s handsome worn turned up for traditional sailor style, and we love to wear it uncuffed and slouchy, too. Worked in a heavy worsted-weight yarn (we love Rowan Felted Tweed Aran), this cap is a quick knit, which is great because you’re bound to be asked for more.
Finished size: (one size/adult) to fit 20"-23" / 51 cm-58 cm head
Each Watch Cap kit contains:
- 2 balls of Rowan Felted Tweed Aran
- Boyfriend Watch Cap pattern (Print Hardcopy if Available - or PDF e-pattern version)
You will also need:
- Size 5.0 mm / US 8 16" / 40 cm circular and double-point needles
- Size 4.5 mm / US 7 16" / 40 cm circular for ribbing
- 3 stitch markers - one in a different colour to mark beginning of the round
- Yarn needle to finish
About Rowan Felted Tweed Aran:
Ball Weight: 50 g / 1.75 oz
Ball Length: 87 m / 95 yds
Knitting Gauge: 16 sts and 23 rows = 10cm / 4"
Needle Size: 5.0 mm (US 8)
Yarn Fibre: 50% merino wool, 25% viscose, 25% alpaca
Care Instructions: Hand wash in cool water. Lay flat to dry.
Note about yarns from our website: Photographs aren't perfect; they don't capture the texture and feel of the yarn. Colours viewed on different monitors may have shade and tone differences from the actual product. If you would like assistance with selecting a colour or an opinion/advice on finding a good yarn for your project, please feel free to give us a call.