We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Bristol Ivy right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
Slipping, Floating, Tucking: Knitting Gymnastics!
Knitting is based off of two fundamental stitches, right? We knit, and we purl. But what happens if we. . . Slip? In this class, we’ll discuss how slipping (and slipping’s compatriots, floating and tucking) stitches instead of working them can lead to a pattern of their own and add texture, dimension, visual interest, and structure to our knitted fabric. We will start with a small swatch to understand the concepts, but by the end of class you’ll have the skills you need to create your very own slipped stitch masterpiece!
Experience needed: you are comfortable and competent with knitting, purling and decreasing
This three-hour workshop takes place on Thursday, November 9 starting at 3:00 pm PST, 4:00 pm MST, 5:00 pm CST, 6:00 pm EST, 7:00 pm AST and 7:30 pm in NL.
Please bring with you: 50 yards [46 m] of smooth, light-colored worsted weight yarn and appropriate needles (typically US 7-US 8 [4.5 mm-5 mm], writing implement for taking notes. Stitch markers may also be useful, but not mandatory
Bristol Ivy is a knitting designer, teacher, and author from Bangor, Maine. Her work has been published with PomPom Magazine, amirisu, Quince & Co., Making Magazine, and her own eponymous pattern line. She has taught at such events as Squam Art Workshops, Edinburgh Yarn Festival, and Vogue Knitting Live, as well as yarn shops worldwide. Her recent books, Knitting Outside the Box and Knitting Outside the Box: Drape and Fold, both with PomPom Press, explore her lifelong commitment to breaking rules and finding beauty in unexpected places. When not knitting, she’s sewing, running, watching far too many British murder mysteries, and baking a mean loaf of oatmeal honey bread. Find her online at bristolivy.com and on Instagram and Twitter as @bristolivy
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.