We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Kate Atherley right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
A Stitch in Time...
This is the ideal class for anyone looking to get as much life out of their garments as possible. We’ll teach you how to repair scary pulls in your fabric and to mend snags, wear and holes in all types of garments. The techniques we cover are applicable to both hand-knit and storebought knits so you will be all set to keep that favourite sweater for years to come.
This 2 hour workshop takes place on Saturday, March 2 starting at 9:00 am PST, 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST, 12:00 pm EST, 1:00 pm AST.
Skill level: advanced beginner - knitter should be confident with knit and purl stitches.
Homework: a homework assignment (making a few swatches) is a downloadable file that you will receive along with your workshop registration confirmation. You can also click here to download it.
Please bring to class:
- any items you have that need mending
- your homework swatches
- the needles you used for the swatches, and a pair a couple of sizes smaller
- more of the yarn used for the swatches
- at least two contrasting colors of waste yarn in a similar thickness
- yarn/tapestry/darning needle
Kate Atherley has been teaching knitting professionally for more than 15 years at stores and events all over Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. Her latest book, Custom-Fit Hats is her ninth, and the fourth in a series on customizing projects for perfect fit and style; it joins works on shawls, socks, and mittens. Her focus in all her work is the empowerment of knitters, illuminating both the methods and mechanics of the craft. The combination of her university degree in mathematics, professional experience in software development and usability, and training in garment and fashion design give her a unique perspective. She also works as a technical editor, helping other designers and authors bring their work into the world. She lives in Toronto with her husband and the family of skunks under their porch.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.