We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Bristol Ivy right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
Top-down shawls shaped for you!
There are a few different main classifications of shawl shaping, each with its own personality and possibilities. In this class, we’ll explore top-down shawl construction, where the shawl starts with a small number of stitches at the back neck and works outwards to a grand finale of a hem. We’ll try a few traditional constructions, and then uncover the math behind them that lets us make these shapes our very own.
Experience needed: knitting, purling, and increasing.
This three-hour workshop takes place on Saturday, December 9 starting at 9:00 am PST, 10:00 am MST, 11:00 am CST, 12:00 pm EST, 1:00 pm AST, and 1:30 pm in NL.
Please bring with you: 200 yards [183 m] of light-colored, smooth dk or worsted weight yarn, US6-7 [4 mm-4.5 mm] circular needles, and stitch markers, writing implement for taking notes.
Bristol Ivy is a knitting designer, teacher, and author from Bangor, Maine. Her work has been published with PomPom Magazine, amirisu, Quince & Co., Making Magazine, and her own eponymous pattern line. She has taught at such events as Squam Art Workshops, Edinburgh Yarn Festival, and Vogue Knitting Live, as well as yarn shops worldwide. Her recent books, Knitting Outside the Box and Knitting Outside the Box: Drape and Fold, both with PomPom Press, explore her lifelong commitment to breaking rules and finding beauty in unexpected places. When not knitting, she’s sewing, running, watching far too many British murder mysteries, and baking a mean loaf of oatmeal honey bread. Find her online at bristolivy.com and on Instagram and Twitter as @bristolivy
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.