We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
It's like seeing double. But better!
Discover how to knit two layers of fabric simultaneously to create reversible colourwork designs. With no floats to worry about, your work will stay tidy and stretchy too. You can even use this technique to knit a simple tube on straight needles!
This 2-hour workshop takes place on Saturday, May 27 starting at 9:00 am PDT, 10:00 am MDT, 11:00 am CDT, 12:00 pm EDT, 1:00 pm ADT.
Want to knit along with Carissa? Here's what you need:
- 50 yards each of 2 contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn,
- US 6 - 7 / 4.0 - 4.5 mm knitting needles,
- tapestry needle
Skill Level required: You need to know how to cast on, work the knit and the purl stitch and are familiar with "slipping a stitch". Experience working with 2 colours at once is a plus but is not required. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Carissa Browning:
When Carissa isn't teaching classes online, she lives and knits in the Dallas, Texas area, where she has accepted the futility of stitching cozy woolen sweaters and has perhaps overcompensated with a three-month supply of hand knit socks. With a background in math, she particularly enjoys playing with geometry and developing new methods of constructing familiar shapes and patterns using knitted or crocheted fabric. Carissa has beautiful patterns which you can find on her Ravelry page here.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).