We're going online with our workshops! You can take this class from the comfort of your home, using a free videoconferencing software called Zoom. Please read the Helpful Tips section carefully before registering for this class.
Get hooked on adorable aliens. Yup!
Build your crochet skills with this fun little guy! Learn the magic circle technique, practice working in the round and flat, play with increasing and decreasing. Add a few embellishments, and your new friend is ready to hold your stitch markers, cotton swabs, paper clips, or maybe just hang out! Carissa will provide a special (mini) workshop version of her Yip Yips crochet pattern for this class.
Our next session of this 120 minute workshop will take place on Sunday, June 11 starting at 9:00 am PDT, 10:00 am MDT, 11:00 am CDT, 12:00 pm EDT, 1:00 pm ADT.
Skill Level required: You need to know how to: chain and work a single crochet.
- 50 yards of worsted weight yarn. We recommend using a natural fibre like cotton, cotton + linen as it will hold it's shape better. Cynthia will be using 100% wool to try felting her Yip Yip slightly.
- G/4mm crochet hook,
- 1 locking stitch marker,
- tapestry needle,
- 2 small white pom poms (0.5in/12/7mm),
- 2 tiny black pom poms (0.19in/5mm),
- 1 pipe cleaner (12in/30cm long),
- sewing needle and thread, and
Do you remember the Yip Yips from Sesame Street? Here's a flashback from the past...
About Carissa Browning:
When Carissa isn't teaching classes online, she lives and knits in the Dallas, Texas area, where she has accepted the futility of stitching cozy woolen sweaters and has perhaps overcompensated with a three-month supply of hand knit socks. With a background in math, she particularly enjoys playing with geometry and developing new methods of constructing familiar shapes and patterns using knitted or crocheted fabric. Carissa has beautiful patterns which you can find on her Ravelry page here.
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please email Cynthia (see above).