We love online learning. Especially when we're able to bring great instructors like Bristol Ivy right to you. Using Zoom as our online videoconferencing platform, you can take this class from anywhere.
(aka) A Lace for Everything and Everything in its Lace
Lace is one of the most beautiful ways to manipulate your knitting into something truly spectacular. In this class, we’ll work on designing our own lace patterns based on encoding special words into secret patterns of beauty. Encoded is a process of turning words into numbers, numbers into knitting stitches and knitting stitches into lace to create a unique pattern (for example, the names of your parents/children/animals, the words of a poem, the answer to a math problem, or your heart's desire). From there we’ll swatch, play, and perfect that lace ready to add to any project you want!
Experience needed: increasing, decreasing, comfort with lace, comfort with charts.
This six-hour workshop takes place over four consecutive Wednesdays: January 3, 10, 17 and 24 starting at 4:00 pm PST, 5:00 pm MST, 6:00 pm CST, 7:00 pm EST, 8:00 pm AST.
Please bring with you: 80 yards [73 m] of smooth, light-colored worsted weight yarn and US 7 [4.5 mm] circular needles, graph paper, pencil, and eraser.
Bristol Ivy is a knitting designer, teacher, and author from Bangor, Maine. Her work has been published with PomPom Magazine, amirisu, Quince & Co., Making Magazine, and her own eponymous pattern line. She has taught at such events as Squam Art Workshops, Edinburgh Yarn Festival, and Vogue Knitting Live, as well as yarn shops worldwide. Her recent books, Knitting Outside the Box and Knitting Outside the Box: Drape and Fold, both with PomPom Press, explore her lifelong commitment to breaking rules and finding beauty in unexpected places. When not knitting, she’s sewing, running, watching far too many British murder mysteries, and baking a mean loaf of oatmeal honey bread. Find her online at bristolivy.com and on Instagram and Twitter as @bristolivy
Read these helpful tips before you register:
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can register online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Time Zones: the class times listed are Mountain Time (MT).
- As this is an online class, you will need to have Zoom downloaded on a computer, tablet or mobile device. If using a computer, make sure you also have a webcam and microphone built in or attached.
- The class session(s) will be recorded and copies of all/segments of the class will be available for you to review for a limited time after the class session(s).
- Refunds? If you cancel 14 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will transfer your registration fee to a RCY gift card at no charge or offer a refund less a 10% cancellation fee. The cost of any materials provided to you will be subtracted from any refunds/transfers.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 14 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.